Briny Woods is an experienced litigator and has successfully represented numerous clients throughout the State of California.
Mr. Woods has also been on both sides of the litigation, representing plaintiffs and defendants. For numerous years he represented insurance companies in defense cases, which has given him the knowledge of what their strategies may include. In the defense field, Mr. Woods was selected by a major insurance company to train insurance adjusters on how to handle litigation cases and was further responsible to train adjusters on handling premises liability cases, which typically involved slips, trips, and falls.
Mr. Woods has effectively litigated cases as "simple" as minimal impact rear-end auto accidents to complex major crashes involving big rigs where clients suffering serious bodily injuries. By working on both sides of the spectrum, he knows and combats the fact that insurance companies will attempt to pay as little as they can.
- Personal Injury
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D. - 1999
- University of California, Berkeley, California
- B.A. - 1996
- California, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- State Bar of California, Attorney Member, 1999 - Present
- Orange County Bar Association, Attorney Member, 1999 - Present
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association (OCTLA), Attorney Member, Present
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA), Attorney Member, Present
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), Attorney Member, Present
- California Department of Real Estate Broker, License #: 01467544
- Nationwide Mutual Ins. Co. Trial Division, Trial Attorney, 2002 to 2007
- Mayall Hurley Knutsen Smith & Green, Attorney, 1999 to 2002