Contact Us Today 949.558.2245


  • “Kept me informed as we went through this process.”


  • “I would recommend this firm to anyone who is in need of excellent legal assistance.”

    Former Client

  • “I was very happy I retained them.”

    David L.

  • “He helped me on 3 of my cases.”


  • “Very professional, yet treated me like a friend. Super nice guy! Thank you Briny!”

    Teresa W.

  • “Wanted to write and thank you both for your efforts in Maria's case.”


  • “I will always call his office if I ever need an attorney again.”


  • “I would absolutely recommend Briny and his team to my family and friends.”

    Former Client

  • “Our gratitude and appreciation are with him for the time, energy and ultimately great settlement he got for us.”

    Robyn C.

Public Property Accident Attorneys in Orange County & Beyond

What to do If You Are Injured on City Property

If you were injured on public property, you may be entitled to financial compensation for the damages you have suffered, including medical treatment, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Public entities have a responsibility to keep community spaces reasonably safe. When they fail to do so, the city can be held responsible for this negligence.

Taking legal action against a public entity is not the same as fighting to recover compensation from an individual or private company. Typically, city governments have a legal team at their disposal who will review submitted claims and determine whether they will be accepted or rejected. It is often in their best interests to reject claims, even when they are just, rather than pay them out. Because of this, many claims against public entities are rejected. Our Orange County public property accident attorneys can help. We serve clients throughout all of California from our offices in Irvine, Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego.

Discuss your legal options with our team today; call Woods Williford, P.C. at (949) 558-2245 to schedule a complimentary consultation.

What Is Considered Public Property?

Public property is any property that is owned and maintained by the city or another public entity.

Some examples of public property include:

  • City-maintained sidewalks, streets, and roads
  • City buildings, such as city hall, libraries, etc.
  • Public parks, parking lots, and playgrounds
  • City buses, vans, and other city-owned vehicles

If you were injured in a public space, including those listed here and others, you may be able to take action against the city if you can show that the space was not properly maintained or that a dangerous condition existed. As with most personal injury cases, proving negligence is critical to proving liability.

Determining If You Have a Case against the City

Accidents and injuries can occur at publically maintained spaces, such as parks or city buildings, when proper maintenance procedures are not followed. For example, if playground equipment is poorly maintained or dangerous, it can lead to serious accidents. Similarly, a poorly lit park or uneven sidewalk may result in a trip and fall accident.

Similarly, the city may be liable if you were injured by a city employee. For example, if you were involved in a car accident caused by a public employee who was speeding at the time of the incident, the city may be partially or fully at fault.

Contact Our Firm Today

Our Orange County public property accident lawyers can help you determine if you have a case against the city or another public entity. If so, we can help you take the necessary steps to file a claim. There are often many precise procedures that must be followed in order to successfully pursue this type of injury claim. Our firm has considerable experience in this area and can help you work to hold the responsible parties accountable.

Get in touch with us by calling (949) 558-2245 or filling out an online contact form. We offer contingent fees, meaning you don’t pay unless we recover compensation on your behalf.

  • $2,000,000 On-Duty Police Officer Car Accident
  • $1,500,000.00 Woods Williford Recovers For Motorcycle Accident
  • $1,250,000.00 Recovery for Man Ran Over in Restaurant
  • $925,000.00 Trip and fall accident in Los Angeles
  • $800,000.00 Couple hit by big rig on Los Angeles freeway.
  • $650,000.00 Police officer in a motorcycle accident in Sacramento.
  • $500,000.00 Settlement for Fall on Stairs in Costa Mesa
  • $500,000.00 Family of Soldier Recovers for Wrongful Death
  • $500,000.00 Recovered For A Client Who Undergoes Neck Surgery
  • $500,000.00 Settlement For Trip and Fall Victim in San Bernardino

See How We've Helped Others Heal Financially, Physically, And Emotionally

  • “Retaining Mr. Woods was the best decision I could have made.”


  • “We truly appreciated your support and professionalism through this tough process for our daughter.”


  • “My husband who is quite meticulous (a retired professional) had no complaints, and that by itself, says a lot.”

    Former Client

  • “Getting through this process was a turbulent journey but one without doubt we could not have overcome without his aide.”

    Robyn C.

  • “He was able to defend my case and able to get top dollar from the other party.”